READY IN 80 min
Preparation - 40 min
Cooking - 40 min
The perfect alternative to a traditional meat lasagna, packed with vegetables and plant-based protein.
- 1 - Brown Onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp - Basil (fresh)
- 1 - Carrot (grated)
- 1 - Zucchini (grated)
- 425g - Brown Lentils
- 425g - Chopped Tomatoes
- 140g tub - Tomato Paste
- 1 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 packet - Instant Lasagna Sheets
- 1/2 cup - Nut, Cashew, Raw, Unsalted
- 1 tbsp - Cornflour
- 2 cups - Water, Tap
- 1 small - Red Capsicum
- 1 clove - Garlic, Peeled, Fresh, Raw
1. Saute onion until soft. Add basil and cook for another minute.
2. Add carrot, zucchini, brown lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth, then place in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil until thick.
TO ASSEMBLE LASAGNA:
1. Place a small amount of sauce in the base of a baking dish.
2. Cover with one layer of lasagna sheets, then spread half the remaining sauce over the top. Cover with lasagna sheets.
3. Continue layering until all the tomato sauce is used, finishing with a layer of lasagna sheets. Cover the last layer of lasagna sheets with the white sauce.
4. Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes or until the lasagna sheets are soft and the topping is golden.