READY IN 30 MIN
Preparation - 30 min
This traditional Mexican drink is popular in many Mexican restaurants and once you taste it you'll want to make more. Made of rice, cinnamon, cashews, almond milk, this drink will be a party favourite.
- 4 Cup - Water, Tap
- 1/2 Cup - Basmati Rice
- 75 ml - Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Cup - Nut, Cashew, Raw, Unsalted
- 2 Cup - Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon - Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
1. Coarsely grind the rice and cinnamon sticks in high-speed blender or food processor
2. Soak the grounded rice and cinnamon with cashews in 2 cups of water overnight or at least for 8-12 hours. Dispose the water.
ON THE DAY PREPARATION:
1. Mix the soaked ingredients with the almond milk, 2 cups water, vanilla essence, sugar and salt. Blend in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Using cheesecloth or nut milk bag, strain the mixture into a large container. Do in small batches by removing some of the pulp to unblock the straining flow. ON the last strain, after all liquid has been poured off, leave the strain cloth over the container for an additional 10 minutes. Then gently squeeze the straining cloth to extract as much liquid.
3. Store in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container. Shake/stir before using.